I'm planning a small DVR system to catch a vandal. I only need a couple cameras, but may expand. I'm looking for a system that works, isn't a big hassle to use, and is reliable.
Something like the system in this auctionwould probably do the job. But I would prefer to put together my own system. (Preferably for less than the $1200 price of that system, too.)
Here are some key points I have in mind:
- Outdoor cameras that can be wall mounted.
- Prefer cameras with terminal block type connections, as my cable runs will likely be various lengths. (I can do the wiring.)
- S-video out from the DVR for monitoring, or Ethernet with a built-in web server.
- Easy extraction of video from the DVR.
- Mac compatibility a big plus; or something that can be entirely controlled in a browser window.
- Common components, nothing too exotic, so I can easily replace or repair it when it breaks.
- Wire recommendations?
Please let me know your brand and model suggestions. Thanks!