nortel 8600 bandwidth

I've problem how to set up bandwidth on one brouter port, when I want to set up by command "config ethernet 7/7 speed 10", I get info "Error: port 7/7, Can't set admin speed on this port". And mabye is another way to set port bandwidth, not only for default speed 10,100,1000 Mb/s?

Reply to
sow
Loading thread data ...

Did you turn off the auto negociation on that port before setup speed? Or you can use ACL or filter to limit the speed on that port.

Reply to
Dophi

Either the access level you are logged in on does not have privileged to set that configuration, are you using rwa access ? Or That port is a fixed type port, is it a fiber port ?

Reply to
MC

of course that I'm in privileged mode rwa and of course that I truned of auto negotiation and of course that my 8600 is turned on:)

Reply to
sow

ok I realised that on 1 Gb and fiber port is not possible to set bandwidth, but on 100 mb ethernet port everything is fine and ok, that's all...

Reply to
sow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.