MCR Troubles

We have an MCR key on two dozen phones for an internal call center. People inside the company can call this team that shares the MCR key and all their phones ring at once. I offered to set them up on Contact Center but they declined.

Anyways, the other day one of our internal people called this number (6600). No one answered so he just let it ring. Eventually he claims that the call was bounced into an actual Contact Center queue with CDN

3565. One of the people working in this queue accepted the call and got him on the line.

The problem is that the group that manages CDN 3565 doesn't want calls from 6600 coming into their queue. This is understandable. However, I don't know where a setting would be that sends calls from 6600 into

3565. Frankly, I didn't think this was possible.

Anyone have any idea what might have happened, or how I could find out? I would chalk this one up to user error (the original caller probably got the departments screwed up and dialed 3565) but I want to be as sure as possible before I throw it back in their laps.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Reply to
Michael Andrews
Loading thread data ...

The best way is dial 6600 and see if you can duplicate it.

Reply to
John 807

Yeah, that's what I thought... alas, I can't test it until after hours. :( Guess I'll give it a go tonight.

~ Mike

John 807 wrote:

Reply to
Michael Andrews

Yeah, unfortunately experience has taught me don't believe it until you see it. Or as an engineer once told me "well that was your first mistake, troubleshooting it before you made it happen"

Reply to
John 807

You said CDN. Do you have Symposium, or CCR? If not, did you really mean queue? If so, turn off MCDN on the queue. Also, look at the sets, and see which one has the MARP for 6600. Where does that set hunt and FNA?

Reply to
Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, we do have Contact Center 6.0. I did check to see what the settings were on the MARP'd set and it is typical of any other phone on campus... it HUNTs to CallPilot (x7500).

I called the 6600 number after hours last night and it rang like a normal phone until being forwarded to CallPilot where I got the error message that there was no box set up for 6600 (which is correct).

I think that what happened was someone picked up the call and quickly transferred it to CDN 3565. Hopefully the manager buys this explanation, but it's the only conclusion I can come to if the flow of events is, in fact, true.

~ Mike

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Michael Andrews

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.