Re: Making my own cables?

I have just herd that the model might be SA-TX1200... but I don't know.

Reply to
Drexus
Loading thread data ...

OK, The SA-TX1200 turned out to be nothing. But there might have been a SATX1010.

You can see the similar SATX50 here:

formatting link

Reply to
Drexus

OK, The SA-TX1200 turned out to be nothing. But there might have been a SATX1010.

You can see the similar SATX50 here:

formatting link

Reply to
Drexus

Allllll done!

I have the Bozo set to a constant volume, purchased a signal to line (or is it the other way around) converter at my local car audio shop, and everything works fine. I use the DVD recorder control for everything. I had gotten the Bose system as a freebie so I am not feeling too violated by their technological exploitation. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Reply to
<steve99

I picked up a th-42pd25 plasma from circuit city on 11/8 and it died tonight. As far as a warranty experience etc.. can anyone tell me what to expect.. I can't seem to find much on the panasonic web site.

Reply to
newshosting

Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this Bose system...thoughts?

formatting link
It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System... Hope the link works..

Thanks!

Bobbie

Reply to
BobbieBrown77

You were right. Remote is back in business :)

gert

Reply to
Gert Wiersema

formatting link

You can do better.

Reply to
L Alpert

My Dishnetwork 921 and my CD player both have DVI outs. My Sony HS51 projector has a HDMI in. Right now I have the CD connected via DVI -> HDMI cable. and the 921 via the componet cables. I want them both on the HDMI. Can anyone recommend a switch to switch between 2 dvi outs?

Also - is there a length resstriction on the dvi cable? What is the max that you would want to run one?

Reply to
Rob V

I think Consumer Reports looked at it and thought is was expensive and didn't live up to the claim of sounding as good as a real 5 speaker system. They said it was easy to hook up as you might expect. I might be wrong, I read a lot of reviews, but I think it was in CR.

Reply to
Mort Guffman

Cool. I wish I still had my subscription to CR.

anyway now I'm seriously considering this one....

formatting link
Less expensive, but still a respected brand, and the surround sound sounds awesome....?

Reply to
BobbieBrown77

What TV do you have. Have you turned off the TV's internal speakers?

Reply to
larrylook

Thanks Sebastian. I have been looking and looking for the perfect system for home ent and this looks awesome. I typically have found some good deals at Sears lately and I really think they've improved their electronics offerings. I still have some Christmas bonus left and was either going to get an iPod or a home ent system but I really think the home ent system will be a better investment and I'll use it more. Thanks for tip on the JVC!

Reply to
BobbieBrown77

In digital aeverything works well but for a dvd-audio i need to hook-up the 5.1 analog inputs from my pioneer dv-578a.

I've confirm that the 5.1 out from the dvd works well with my old receiver. So, I'm not able to activate the full 5.1 analogue inputs even if i force the dvd inputs to "analogue".

Is there another configuration menu that i've miss ?

I didn't hook up my television trough the sa-xr50s, is there on screen menu ?

Thanks,

Reply to
frank smith

Scenario: DishNetwork 921 receiver (HDTV tuner built-in) Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector Toshiba 23HL84 LCD HD-ready TV (soon) Another flat TV (at least HD-ready, possibly built-in tuner)

There is a run of component video between the receiver and the projector (this isn't my problem, just putting it here for completeness). There is a run of RG6 coax from the receiver to a coax splitter which then feeds RG6 coax to the Toshiba TV (and the location of the soon-to-be-installed TV).

What I want to do is get HD output from the receiver to the Toshiba and other TV. Running component cables to the locations of the TVs is not an option I want to consider due to the complexity of the run(s).

Is there a way to get component video with 2-channel stereo (no need for Dolby) onto coax then back into component video and stereo? Is there another option that doesn't require new runs of cable?

Thanks!

Reply to
John T

Look at Tru-Audio. They have some good speakers that are priced very well. I am a dealer for them and I can get them to ship direct to you. Pricing around $ 70.00 a pair for nice sounding speakers. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

------------------------------------- meterman wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

alt.home-theater - 196 messages and counting!

##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
carypowers

Ok, I'm pretty inexperienced with rear-projection televisions, but I'm having a major problem with a 2-month old Toshiba 51" HDTV TheaterWide rear-projection television. For the first couple of months, the television was great- about 2 weeks ago I began experiencing a strange problem. When I first turn the television on, the picture goes from edge to edge, however the convergence is way out alignment. I go into the menu and run the TouchFocus feature to bring the television convergence back into alignment. After about 5 minutes of having the television on, the screen will start shrinking unitl I have bars about 1.5" on each side and the convergence goes way out of alignment again. No matter what option I use from the menu, I cannot bring the screen back to full-size. The problem is the same no matter what video source I use. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Jason P. Russell

Not being facetious, but it is broken. Call the repair shop. There should be a warranty.

Good luck, Harvey

Reply to
Eclipsme

I am considering buying a Panasonic PT 50DL54 dlp tv. Does anyone have any comment on this tv,

Reply to
Salvatore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.