Re: Making my own cables?

your set (the red and white rca plugs labeled AUDIO OUT) using the menu system on your tv. Plug it into your "doze" nostyle system if you have an aux input, you can set the audio to be variable or set, you can turn off your speakers (if your set has any) and just listen through your sound system. It never ceases to amaze me how some think they can use a complicated device like a plasma tv without reading the friggin instructions. Thats not a four slot toaster from Wallmart you have there. Then again you DO have Bose crap, clock radio electronics at a premium price. Bet you paid two grand for that shit

Reply to
<steve99
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

This may not be the correct forum, however,

I want to connect a dvd to tv to satellite to uhf/vhf aerial and then to existing amplifier.

Any help with wirng up would be appreciated

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard Mawkes

wrote in news:w1Hyd.1979$Xu3.1788 @bignews4.bellsouth.net:

That probably answers your question ; )

Reply to
Lucas Tam

I'm surprised to discover a miniscule amount of material on the web about the Optoma ExPro 739 projector. The best is a handful of user reviews on projectorcentral. Is anyone familiar with this unit?

I would like to spend $1500 on a projector for primarily home theater use (and a fair bit of Half-Life 2). I tend to have quite a lot of ambient light, so high lumen output is very important.

The most interesting XGA projectors in this price range that I have discovered so far are the BenQ PB6200, the NEC LT240K (can be had for $1500 now because of the model change), and the Optoma ExPro 739. The user reviews for the BenQ and the NEC are quite clear - the NEC wins hands down.

The (handful of) user reviews for the Optoma suggest that it might be superior to the NEC, but I haven't found any direct comparisons.

Is the Optoma quieter than the NEC? Is the Optoma brighter than the NEC when optimized for video? The NEC has "sealed optics". Does the Optoma? Should I care? (The unit will be permanently ceiling mounted) The Optoma's bulb life specification ranges from 2000 hours to 5000 hours depending on what website you visit. What is it? Is Optoma a reliable brand? How's the ergonomics of the menu systems and remote control for these units? Are these good projectors for my purpose?

I'm currently leaning towards the Optoma because it has DVI input (which I won't mmediately use but may someday) and replacement lamps are ~$280 vs ~$400 for the NEC. Unfortunately it is unlikely that I will have any way of viewing these projectors side-by-side. Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Schnitzer

Does it cost more to manufacture a DVD in comparison to a VHS cassette.I know the technical advantages of the DVD but am only concerned with the cost difference in manufacturing.

Reply to
Time Traveler

Each one uses a molding process and the a recording. VHS needs component assembly, DVD does not. VHS has a higher part weight, higher volume per unit, so it costs more to store/ship/move inventory. VHS is an analog format, and most likely limited in the speed of duplication, DVD, from what I can see, would be easier to establish unmanned (direct labor free) automated duplication processes.

I would have to think mfg costs are lower for DVD, all around.

Reply to
L Alpert

Yes, you can. In some ways that may even be preferable, depending on the quality of the switcher in your receiver.

-- Dave Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Bugg

I'd like to know the difference of connecting a DVD directly to receiver or TV. Does the DVD have to connect to receiver first then connect to TV from the receiver? Can I connect the DVD video signal to TV and audio signal to receiver? The reason I ask the question is I have to buy 2 set of component cable (over $100 for each) if I connect the DVD to receiver and receiver to TV. Or do you have other choice? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
newbiecpp

I have a luxman RV 387 without remote control.

I need to have informations about:

1) where is possible to buy (new or used) a original remote control for luxman RV 387

2) if does it exist a universal remote control for that amplifier

3) if does it exist a chart with all the codes to program a remote control

4) if someone that have a remote contol for luxman 387 can program a universal learning remote control for me by payment

I need really a big help because that amplifier can't be used without a remote control ant I think it is a good amplifier tank you, aquila

Reply to
aquilabert

Hello all,

I hooked up my PC to my plasma screen and tried to connect my audegy to the reciever through optical but can not get surround sound to work and only stereo. Any suggestions? Creative was not helpful.

Azm

Reply to
Alaeddin

Hello all,

My satelitel reciever has a "SPDIF" connection on the back that looks like a RCA connection. Is there a special cable I can use to connect it to an optical connection on my receiver? Or is SPDIF non optical? Please advise.

Azm

Reply to
Alaeddin

hello all,

Are there Tivo like recorders that can connect to a digital satellite receiver and switch channels etc in Europe? I have only seen this in USA.

Azm

Reply to
Alaeddin

I am setting up the Home Theater ... DVD and DTV/HDTV ... what is the better audio connection to use, digital optical cables or digital coaxial cables?

Thanks in advance for the info!

-John

Reply to
John ©

As long as they are both digital, you are not going to be able to tell any difference. It is cheaper to buy coax cables though.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Why in heavens name should it cost 100.00 for component cables? How far are you running them? Please don't fall for the MONSTER cable hype. Buy 75 ohm coaxial cables, Period. I can sell you the highest Broadcast Quality component cables available, for less than you're talking about. Especially if your talking about 6 foot cables.

Clay

receiver or

receiver to

Reply to
Badger

I'd like to change my home theater system in my basement from a 5.1 to a

6.1 setup. My sofa sits in the middle of a room approximately 15x30. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to run wires to the back of the sofa to the rear center speaker without showing wires.

TIA

Reply to
david

You are already in the basement (I ran all mine in the crawlspace, which would have been easier 20 lbs ago! :-). Is the basement finished? If it is, you could try to run a wire pull through the ceiling if the beams go in the right direction. Along the wall inside a molding channel may work as well (if you can't find this, you may be able to make it with a dado table saw blade and some regular molding) or cut out some rock out of the upper or lower corner, place the wires in the cut out, and use some molding up there. If you are handy enough, you could always cut the sheet rock, then re-rock and paint.....

Reply to
L Alpert

Consider adding a hollow, quarter-round to your base board and running the wires behind there. I did this in my family room. Whatever you do, stay away from wireless (quality is not there yet). You might want to check out

formatting link
for more tips. Also, these companies may ofer an alternative solution:

http://www.hometheaterdiscussi> I'd like to change my home theater system in my basement from a 5.1 to a

Reply to
www.hometheaterdiscussion.com

Check out this thread, it may be a bit more specific than you need, however, your bound to find some information here (or simply pose the question on HTD):

formatting link

Reply to
www.hometheaterdiscussion.com

I there,

I have a Old plasma tv that has the following connections on the back of it.

Audio Input (R and L) red and white RCA cables Video Input (BNC Connection) *i am assuming yellow RCA cable S-Video Input Component Video (3 BNC Connections) Y, Pb/B-Y and Pr/R-Y RGB Input RS-232C

Now I am trying to get a clear cable picture to this unit and having trouble. I seem to only get it using my DVD/VCR combo with the Audio Red and White cables along with a BNC adapter to Yellow for Video. However, the picture is very fuzzy and I don't get that plasma feel. Looks like an old 13 inch color tv.

Is there an easier way? any suggestions to make this unit into a better plasma?

Thanks,

Chuck

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
aspenab27

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.