Strange behaviour

Using my wireless remotes [KC674 or HR12A] I can control the living room and family room lamps [on/off only] utilizing a RR501 and CM11A by setting up an IF/THEN statement in my software. I can even control the modules manually by click on their icons in the software.

However turning the computer off and using only the remotes I can't control the lights by sending their lamp module house/unit codes. I have made sure the RR501, remotes and lamp modules are set to the same codes. Shouldn't the RR501 receive the RF remotes signal and transmit directly to the lamps modules?

Reply to
Gene
Loading thread data ...

You need to provide us with more information. Specifically, what are the IF/THEN statements in your software?

The RR501 receives RF and automatically sends it as PLC if it is for the RR501's housecode.

The CM11A only receives PLC (or via RS232) so it can only be acting on the PLC codes sent by the RR501.

My guess is that the CM11A (& lamp modules) and RR501 are > Using my wireless remotes [KC674 or HR12A] I can control the living room

Reply to
dlh

After some hours of trying the RR501 in different outlets throughout the house I have come up with the following conclusion - it's failing somehow. Now it's working intermittently on the same outlet as the lamp module and the outlet is a one circuit duplex outlet. Plugging in another RR501 results in excellent operation. I see however to do what I want I think I will need to invest in a WGL unit. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my problem. I appreciate it...... Gene

Reply to
Gene

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.