X10 WiFi hub

Does anyone have experience with the new X10 WiFi hub WM100 (https://www.x1

0.com/wm100.html)?

Besides general impressions, I am particularly interested in knowing whethe r it needs connection to a remote server. (The description claims you can c ontrol devices from your phone "anywhere you have internet access," but the product manual does not describe setting up an account anywhere.)

I would also like to know whether it has an API that would allow programmin g from elsewhere than the phone app.

Reply to
Mike Bell
Loading thread data ...

I need help, I have several X10 wall switches, and an appliance module, I purchased a WM100 WiFi module, I installed it but when I tried to use it, the WM100 responds but my light switches and apllisnce module doesn? ?t do anything, do I have to buy something else

Reply to
ansmikal

Is the WM100 configured properly? My first thought is that the house code is set incorectly, but that is just a guess.

Reply to
Pat

realmente no es necesario ningun dispositivo adicional deberia funcionar co rrectamente , sin envargo debe existir o el modulo de seguridad o el dispo sitivo que le permite utilizar los controles remotos , eso ayudaria

el modulo wi fi hub

Reply to
guillermoanibal175

It could also be the house circuit issue. Does it work if your dryer or stove is on? If it does there are components that allow the command signal to cross from one 120 v to the other in you house wiring.

Reply to
paul.muldoon

I just got my X10 wifi hub and does not want to connect to my IPhone8 but gladly connects to my Android device Anybody know why Thanks

Reply to
answerallman

Thw WM100 only uses 2.4 GHz WiFi, your phone may be connecting to 5 GHz so it won't see the WM100

Reply to
jeffrey.denenberg

x10.com/wm100.html)?

her it needs connection to a remote server. (The description claims you can control devices from your phone "anywhere you have internet access," but t he product manual does not describe setting up an account anywhere.)

ing from elsewhere than the phone app.

First, the phone app communicates with a dedicated server in the cloud (onc e the WM100 and your app are configured properly). The Server then communic ates with the WM100.

Second, as of now the API is not published so if the server goes down your WM100 will continue to operate as scheduled, but you will not be able to is sue changes or commands. A power failure will then wipe out the existing c onfiguration until the server comes back up and you reconnect with your app .

Reply to
jeffrey.denenberg

Work everywhere...

Reply to
jgillum52

Never had a issue with it losing connection, except when when I changed out routers, had to reset.

Reply to
jgillum52

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.