X10 FLUORESCENT LIGHTS

**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

Guys,

My X10 system works fine up to I install a fluorescent light. It makes the other lights don't respond to remote commands.

What should I do, pls?

Thanks for any info!

Flavio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***

formatting link
Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Reply to
Flavio Silva
Loading thread data ...

X-10 lighting systems (the light switches and lamp modules) put a very small amount of current through the circuit continuously-- that's how it can tell that you turned a lamp off and then on again, if it's plugged into a lamp module. And if you do that, it Clicks On.

Fluorescent lights aren't compatible with that, so if you use fluorescent lights/bulbs, you have to run them through an appliance module (that, by the way, won't dim).

You can't put fluorescent bulbs into a fixture controlled by an X10 light switch or an X10 lamp module.

But you can plug a lamp into an appliance module and put a fluorescent bulb into it.

Shaun Eli

formatting link
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smarter Audience (sm)

Reply to
Shaun Eli

I have worked on these systems before. The switching comes from a signal at the "zero crossing " of the 60hz power. Anything that puts noise on the line may interfere with the signal. They make filters to suck out harmonics, and do a fairly good job of it. John Evans

Reply to
John Evans

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.