Help with PL513 X10 Connection to Lynx-R

I have a Powerline PL513, which came with my Lynx-R panel and on the last page of the Installation and Setup Guide it shows three connections going to the Panel at connections 9, 13 and 14. The PL513 has four wires coming from it. The yellow goes to 13, Black to 14 and it shows red and green being joined and then connected to 9. I am not an electrician so I don't know what the symbol means when two wires join at a point and then one connection is made to the panel. Does this mean that I should connect the green OR red wire to terminal 9, or should I connect the red AND green wires to terminal

9?
Reply to
Jack
Loading thread data ...

It means connect both.

Reply to
G. Morgan

George, first of all I appreciated your answere. Is there any documentation to validate what you have posted or is this based on your experience with this device? I know we're on the honor system here, but it's never wrong to verify information.

Reply to
Jack

Who's George?

Reply to
G. Morgan

documentation

You got me there G. Morgan. I don't know why I assumed your name is George.

Reply to
Jack

Ahhh. Okay, I'll assume your name really is Jack.

Based on what you wrote, when two wires come together in a scematic they are the same electrical point.

However..... After looking further into what you're doing......

If you see page 8 of ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/technicalnote.pdf you'll note 2 & 3 are common which are red and green. Yellow is term.

13 on the panel (data out) and black is term. 14 (sync).

Why aren't you just using the 1332X10 Honeywell transformer instead of the PL513?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I already have the 1332X10 connected to my panel, but I'm only using the AC connectors. Are you saying I can use this instead of the PL513? If so may I ask how should the wires be connected? Do I only have to connect three wires instead of the four that came with the PL513?

Reply to
Jack

LOL....

With the 1332X10 connect the other three terminals as described in the manual and you wont need the PL513.

Connect the "Sync output" to teminal 14 Connect the "X10 Data" to teminal 13 Connect the "signal common" to terminal 9

That's all you need to make your lights blink!

Good Luck,

-Graham

Reply to
G. Morgan

Graham thanks for hanging in there with me. I think I'm ready to do this now.

Reply to
Jack

You're welcome.

-G

Reply to
G. Morgan

I hope to hell you aren't under any monitoring contract

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark, why do you say that?

Reply to
Jack

Because if you can't read the manual on a simpe thing like X-10 then who knows what else you'll screw up

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark, you know this is what I hate so much about the Internet. There is no way in hell that you would have said something like that to me, if you and I were sitting across the table shooting the breeze. I also know that your mother taught you better, noting that, if you don't have anything positive to say, then just shut the .... up. I recognize that you have alot of knowledge on many issues raised in this group and on the whole you are a positive to this group, but to come after me with a comment like the above was just totally unnecessary and mean.

Great Character is doing the right thing when no one is looking. I await your apology.

Reply to
Jack

Don't hold your breath Jack. Mark is a legend in his own mind.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Actually in the past I would and have

My mother has nothing to do with it, the fact is you could have easily figured out the X-10 component by looking at the installation manual which you apparently didn't.

No it was merely accurate

You will have a long long wait then

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.