Zonealarm Problem

I just upgraded ZA to 5.5 from 5.1. Settings are the same and preferences are set to load on startup.

Only problem is it doesn't load on startup. You have to open the program and it works fine from there.

I have checked startup at msconfig and it is checked off there.

What is curious though is that I have a file folder entitled Zone.com which has shortcuts to a list of games from Zone.com. Needless to say not related to Zone Alarm. Since upgrading that folder opens automatically everytime I restart the computer. Can't figure out how to stop that and wonder if they are related.

Any ideas?

Reply to
jcgc50
Loading thread data ...

Look in the registry and see what program the item you have checked is starting...

Reply to
Woody

Try sticking a shortcut to ZoneAlarm into the Startup folder. Sounds a bit simple but it sometimes works for weird problems like the one you have.

Reply to
Wattsville Blues

Thanks, I know how to get to regedit but not how to find the correct entry.

Reply to
jcgc50

Reply to
jcgc50

Have you rtried uninstalling any Zone.com games and programs etc? After an uninstall, run the usual antispyware/adware programs and see how you go.

Reply to
Wattsville Blues

(You didn't mention the computer's OS.)

If you install the Startup Control Panel from

formatting link
you may find a reference to the offending folder in one of the sections. Delete that reference.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.