Symantec PC Anywhere.........

Is there anyone familiar with PCanywhere which I have installed and really do not want to de-install and replace.

I wish to connect via a wireless link with my other machine. I follow all the instructions Wizard and other to configure and it won't. I am able to connect with a computer in USA!!!!!! but not the one at the other end of my building!!!!!

As far as I can see I have mimicked the instructions on both connections but the local one.... will not play.

Anyone who has the time to do a an idiot style 'step by step' or in any case make suggestions would be giving me an extra Xmas present.

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

What do Symantec support say?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

When I have been able to get in touch they only seem to speak geek.

I have read all the documentation I can find but nothing contradicts (apparently) my effort at configuration. I must be doing something subtly wrong.

Reply to
JK

You sure a firewall is not in the way blocking the inbound port PCAW needs open?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

That eonly firewall is in Netgear and that enables everything you would want it to enable. Windows is off and the firewall in Trend Security is not installed as it is very temperimental and soes not like things like Firefox and few other things I cannot recall at the moment.

Reply to

Then I'll assume you know to do port forwarding to the ip/machine for the inbound port PCAW needs open that's running on the machine so it can communicate with another machine over the Internet. If there was a personal FW running on the machine, you would need to set a manual rule to open that inbound port too.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.