pre-configured VPN client

I am trying to provide users with a VPN client disk with host and password pre-configured. I searched Cisco's website and found instructions to create a silent install disk to give to users. However, this kind of dificult to follow and I am somewhat new to this. Does anyone know where I can find step by setp instruction on how to do this. Thanks,

-Larry

Reply to
Larry
Loading thread data ...

I'll assume you're referring to the Windows installer since the Mac customization is trivial by comparison. First, you'll want to download Orca.msi and install it. You can get it by installing the Microsoft Installer SDK or using this old version archived here:

formatting link
Once you have the VPN client's .msi extracted, load it in to Orca and start making changes. I figured it out mostly by trial and error but found the following links somewhat useful, esp. the first Cisco page:

formatting link
formatting link
Just ignore the whole bit in the 2nd Cisco link where they talk about creating an oem.ini, etc. I used the following tools to create a self-extracting archive and custom icon for my final setup.exe.

formatting link
The msistub.exe on the message board above solved a lot of problems. Also see
formatting link
and do various searches for Orca.msi and Orca.exe via google and Microsoft's site.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.