Sonicwall 3060 admin access

I pulled a total brain fart and locked myself out of my Sonicwall. In trying to fix an issue I accidently clicked off the setting that allowed http management and thus, I am not able to access my firewall via my web browser. Is there another way to access my settings (telnet, console port) without having to reset the whole unit and loose my current settings?? If so, what are the steps and resources needed? I would appreciate some help.

Reply to
joebuck80
Loading thread data ...

What's there in the manual of this device?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Hi

Yes you can plug in the console cable to a laptop etc First lookup in the doco about the CLI syntax.

Good luck!

Reply to
Keith

I have tried accessing through the console, but I'm not sure what type of terminal program I need and what type of settings I need for the teminal program. Will Hyperterminal work on this console? I seem to get connected using hyperterminal but I don't see any text on connection.

Reply to
joebuck80

Is there really nothing about it in the manual?

Perhaps you need other settings for the serial port.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Yes, according to the documentation.

"The settings for the console port are 115200 bits per second, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control"

I can't believe it, but this is the _only_ document, google finds the term "stop bit" on site:

formatting link
What are the Sonicwall people doing here?!

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Danke Volker. Er wird eine Weile seit meiner High School Deutschkategorie gewesen. But, being of Italian blood, I'm not to sure about your signature line!

Reply to
joebuck80

On the contrary VB, I ALLWAYS take things with a humorous view. My comment was also meant to be a funny "jab". There are too many real things in life to worry about these days and if we can't learn to laugh at ourselves...well we are in for a frustrating life ahead. Thanks for your time and help.

Joe G

Reply to
joebuck80

;-) Na, es ist ja noch einiges da!

Harald Schmidt, some guy like David Letterman, comments the "Weltjugendtag",

formatting link
This was a big promotion of the catholic church in Köln/Cologne.

He's modifying a saying of Edmund Stoiber, a German politician, who said that the "frustrated in Eastern Germany should not determine, what's happening in German policy". Of course, the people in Eastern Germany were not very happy about Mr. Stoiber.

He's transforming it to "the frustrated in Rome should not determine, what's happening in German bedrooms". He's meaning the pope and the bishops here, not the Itialian people.

I have this signature, because I'm changing my signature regulary, and usually I'm reading (and posting in) German language groups. Harald Schmidt is very famous in Germany, and this is just a funny sentence of him.

As a matter of fact, I cannot even imagine Italian people, who are frustrated - the Itialian people I know, are one of the most lighthearted and spirited friends I have. ;-)

Perhaps, I have frustrated someone else now - somebody who announced, that I will explain my signature some time, and now is disappointed, what it's meaning :-P

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

?

Ah - ;-)

VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.