Sonicwall blocks msn and hotmail

Just recently (in the last week) no one on our network whether using pc or laptop can access msn, messenger or hotmail, not to mention some of the microsoft.com pages ( IE "page not found" ).

I have remote access from home to my desk pc using funk software's proxy, if I use the remote access and go onto IE6 I can get hotmail and msn etc.

I therefore think it is something to do with the configuration of our sonicwall.

This is a new problem and the sonicwall etc has been installed qithout alteration for the last 2 years.

I have addd msn to allowed domains I have turned of the keyword blocking etc.

The error page is IE "page not found" ( not the sonicwall blocked page).

Any help or stuff to try would be greatly appreciated , firewalls are not my forte.

Thanks

Reply to
shuey
Loading thread data ...

I don't think this is a problem with your firewall. MSN, messenger, and hotmail have been giving everyone problems for a few days now. Since you are seeing the windows "page not found" page, it is also possible that someone has been trying to poison DNS records, pointing the msn.com domain to a nonexistent / incorrect ip address.

Reply to
Roy Shimmyo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.