setup

i am running a LINKSYS BEFSX41 router and i cant get my online game to work when firewall is active in router does any one know how to set router so i can get fire wall to work with game (ffxI) tia bgame

Reply to
bgame63
Loading thread data ...

This is a group for firewalls, and we can probably help you if you have problems configuring the firewall, but not in finding out what ports a game needs. The documentation for the game should include instructions on which ports that needs to be open. If it doesn't, look for a README file. If that doesn't help either, contact the game manufacturer, or ask in a group for games.

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

If logging is configured properly on the router (packet-filter) the logs of the router (packet-filter) should tell. Depending on the logging capabilities of the filering device it might also be possible to log allowed traffic to/from a defined destination.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.