firewalls

i am currently using kerio pf ver 4.2? latest ver before selling i can get ca assoc. firewall for free with my current isp is it worth it to change it or do 1 of you guys have a different idea for a s/w firewall? tia bgame

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

----------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
bgame63
Loading thread data ...

I guess the piece of crap from CA is the lesser evil.

For a serious packet filter just take the Windows Firewall or take a look at Wipfw (wipfw.sf.net) or CHI-X.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

no wont use the windoze firewall is the one from sygate any good or any other recomendations ? bgame

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

formatting link

Reply to
bgame63

Why not?

No. Actually this one is not just bloated and lousy, it even opens up a local privilege escalation path.

Not using any packet filter at all? Additionally hardening the system? On ethernet devices only: IPFilter? Even the IPsec policies are pretty fine for packet filtering.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

i am using a dlink 624 router with firewall running can u give me a link for CHI-X please thanks bgame

formatting link

Reply to
bgame63

formatting link

/B. Nice

Reply to
B. Nice

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.