Firefox with ZoneAlarm

I cannot get Firefox to work with ZoneAlarm

Reply to
joeandtel
Loading thread data ...

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... | I cannot get Firefox to work with ZoneAlarm | Runs fine for me. I'm using ZA 5 (free version) on windows ME... and yes, this also works fine for me ! Hope you find your answer as, to me, Firefox seems a lot better than IE and is well worth the "effort".

Reply to
Bgrt

Try posting some details of operating system, product version/release and a description of the problem and you'll probably get an answer.

Regards

Bill

Reply to
phoenix

Some time around 23 Dec 2004 08:50:39 -0800 (give or take a month), someone who says they are named snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

Details of the problem?

I have it working with ZoneAlarm Pro version:5.5.062.004 and FireFox 1.0. (I also was able to get Opera to run with ZA.)

-W

Reply to
Double U

I have been using Firefox and ZoneAlarm together for over a year and have never had ANY problems with them not getting along.

Currently using Firefox 1.0 and ZoneAlarm 5.5.062.004

Give more details as to problem...................................!

- Glen

Ottawa

(Remove the ".NIT.invalid" from the end of my address)

Reply to
Glen McLean

You might try disabling IPv6 for DNS queries in about:config, setting "network.dns.disableIPv6" to "true" as not all DNS resolvers are using IPv6 yet. See

formatting link
for detailed information.

Reply to
Bartal Tamas Andras

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.