Problems using Google Earth and Maps... (When connected through router)

I am having issues when I am at home on my wireless router that i don't have when I am at work. (I have a MacBook Pro laptop that goes back and forth between work and home as well as an iPhone)

I noticed that when I am at home, and run google earth on the laptop, that I get an error message saying it can't connect to some server. I run the application at work and it works fine.

I use the maps application on the iPhone at home and get a similar error when I use the WiFi connection. However if I disable the wireless (and use the 3G) the maps application runs flawlessly.

Any Ideas what might be causing this? I suspect its a port that needs opening, but I have no clue which port or what else in the router would break these apps.

By the way I'm running a WRT600N with the latest (Canadian) firmware.

Reply to
SpreadTooThin
Loading thread data ...

I had similar problems with my router. I had to disable some of the packet inspection stuff. gr

Reply to
gr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.