Port forwarding through firewalls

Here is my issue I usually run a support application which is a customized version of UltraVNC server. It launches from a client machine and attempts to connect on port 5555 to my offices WAN IP. The firewall redirects the port to my computer and I can see my clients computer as soon as the connection is made to my VNC viewer operating on listening mode on port 5555.

It works great but now I am traveling and I a hotel and want to have the same functionality. There fore I need to forward the data coming in on port 5555 on my office machine to my laptop which is BEHIND a hotel firewall.

My solution to use Zebedee in reverse tunnel mode. So I run a client on my computer with the following configuration file.

debug true

verbosity 2 # Basic messages only

message "client"

detached false

Server false

Listenmode true

Tunnel 8000:*:5555

I then connect to the client by running the server on my computer

debug true

verbosity 2 # Basic messages only

message "Server"

server true # It's a server

detached false # Detach from terminal

serverport 8000

clienthost SUPPORT

I get a connection established on the client on my work machine. So I have established the connection to the client through the hotel firewall and our work firewall. However when I try and run the VNC server at port 5555 on my office machines nothing happens on my laptop.

I have tried several variations of ports and commands. I think I fundamentally misunderstand something. Remember all I am trying to do is redirect traffic arriving at port 5555 to my laptop on the road which is also behind a firewall.

Can someone help me out with my configuration?

Thanks

Chas

Reply to
Chasman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.