Outpost questions..

It stops, but you can always uninstall and re-install the free version.

It's the 'ad trashcan' window that's used for dragging-and-dropping ads into the 'ad blocking' plugin.

You might want to do a search at the forums at

formatting link
for your questions - lotsa people there who use the program and probably came up with the same questions.

Reply to
Ann Onymous
Loading thread data ...

I have a few questions regarding Outpost firewall..

I installed an older version of the freeware program, and when it asked me if I would like to update I accepted. The result was that it UPGRADED to shareware v2.x, with a 30 day trial period. My question is, what happens after that ? Does it downgrade to the freeware version, or does it continue running, or does it stop ??

Seems there should be a difference between update and upgrade.

Second, when I run Hijack this it tells me that the ... \\Outpost\\trash.exe is running. What is that ?

Thanks for any help..

-- KHaled

e-mail: khaledihREMOVEUPPERCASELETTERS at fusemail dot net (correcting antispam crap..) please start your subject line with the string "==NG=="

Reply to
KHaled

My understanding is the pro version will stop functioning after 30 days. It does not revert to a freeware version.

Seems your right.

I don't know. Check the help files that come with it and find out the function of the trash.exe in outpost.

Reply to
optikl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.