Cannot discover devices with Cisco Works LMS

I used to use CiscoWorks 2000 a long time ago. Anyway, I'm trying out the 90-day trial version of CiscoWorks LMS running on a VMWare Windows

2003 Standard server. Using the Server Setup link, I've pointed to a Cisco router, configured the SNMP community and told CiscoWorks to discover from the router as a seed.

CW completes the discovery OK, but does not return any devices. I made sure the Windows firewall was turned off. I even installed a freeware SNMP browser and had it scan the network, and it returned the SNMP info for all my SNMP-enabled network devices, not just the one Cisco router.

I also tried pointing at non-Cisco routers and switches, and even scanning entire IP address ranges, but CW still doesn't find any devices.

Has anyone got any ideas about this? I'm guessing I skipped over something very basic, but can't imaging what.

Reply to
ttripp
Loading thread data ...

Never mind; I had access-lists on the router blocking from the CW server's IP range. Duh.

Reply to
ttripp

Make sure you increase the standard time out and also number of tries. Personally I think that LMS should be renamed POS.

Never mind; I had access-lists on the router blocking from the CW server's IP range. Duh.

Reply to
Mr. Nobody

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.