Norton Internet Security blocking Internet functions

I have Norton Internet Security2006 including the firewall. Just recently (strangely enough after I got Broadband/ADSL) I have increasingly noticed problems when I access the Internet. These are, for example,

- buttons do not work,

- links do not work,

- linked pages do not load properly/completely, etc.

I normally use Moxilla Firefox (latest version) and thought it might be a problem there but it is the same in Internet Explorer.

I have tried to reconfigure the firewall but that did not seem to make any difference and Symantec have been extremely slow in providing any solution to this. As a matter of fact, all they could come up with so far was to buy the upgrade to NIS 2007, which, allegedly gets rid of the problem. I don;t mind paying for the upgrade but want to know whether this is really the best or only way to deal with this.

I am not exactly a guru when it comes to technical stuff so it might be that this is something very simple and stupid I have just overlooked. Any help will be very welcome.

Peterbilt

Reply to
mueller
Loading thread data ...

1. Security does not come in yellow boxes (nor in red or blue ones)
  2. Norton is crap
  3. All Personal firewalls are crap
  4. Do not run crap, uninstall it.
  5. If you decide to deliberately run a piece of software, designed to fu** up network communication, well, you have to live with such effects.

While Norton is completely useless for my customers I find it very useful for me. Any customer running it will usually have to pay the addional 2-3 hours I need to solve his network prtoblems, because Norton will fu** up normal network communication of his machines and slow down debugging. So I really love Norton. Though I never sold it and will under no circumstances ever sell it it has produced quite a significant turnover by delaying the speed of my work. Norton, really great stuff!

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Sincere condolences.

Yes, you already mentioned above.

Why not dropping Norton InSecurity 2006 and just using the Windows-Firewall?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.