Norton Internet Security 2005

Yesterday I was getting an error message when I tried to open Norton saying the Integrator had to close. I looked this up on the Symantec website and it said I should reinstall. So I did so, but when it came round to activating it hung on the page where it tries to connect to the Symantec server. At this point I was able to access the Symantec website however, after reinstalling numerous times I still wasn't able to activate Norton and also I now cannot get onto the Symantec website it says the requested url cannot be found. Also, my Norton Internet Security 2005 is automatically disabled when I start the system up and it will not let me enable it even though I only uninstalled it for the first time yesterday.

Maybe there is something on my system that is preventing it from working? Some sort of malicious software, I have run various spyware programs including Spybot search & destroy and did come up with some malicious entries but I am still having the problem with Norton. If it is being caused by some sort of malicious program on my computer how can I remove it, and if not how can I get Norton working again?

How do I remove a dialer?

Reply to
Scott
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.