Norton firewall won't permit Eudora access

Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton products seems to be a dangerous activity. I once did that with Norton AV several times and it finally stopped working right. The updates it downloaded were dated a year old and it refused to update the virus defs properly, even though I had 3 or

4 months remaining on my subscription. So I removed it and went to another product. I had a similar experience with Norton Personal Firewall 2003 a year or so ago. Uninstalled it and reinstalled, and it broke something. Plus it wouldn't start up normally either. Don't know what happens when you remove and reinstall Norton stuff, but it's not good sometimes.. Good luck..
Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

I had a glitch in Norton Firewall 2003 in XP. It wouldn't permit me to configure the firewall, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Now it won't permit Eudora, my mail client to access the net. I can't send and I can't receive any e-mail unless I turn off the firewall. It is set to permit everything coming into Eudora and everything going out, but blocks everything.

What can I do to get it to recognize and permit Eudora traffic?

Reply to
NCBill

Uninstall it again. Then check Symantec's knowledge base for a program that does a more thorough cleanup. This will wipe out any leftover settings. If you are willing, you can also manually go through and delete any leftover directories, and registry settings. Don't forget to also empty out the recycle bin.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.