New Zonealarm 6.5 Prevents Eudora .toc Files from Updating

Someone else mentioned a problem/conflict with the new v6.5+ ZA and Eudora's new Fast Index Search (available with the new Eudora in Paid Mode only). I'm using Eudora 7.0.1 in sponsored mode without a problem/conflict with (paid) ZoneAlarm Pro (new version). Could the problem with the new ZA arise only with folks using the paid version of Eudora with its new seach mode?

Craig

Reply to
Craig
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:54:52 GMT, "Craig" declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:

I'm using Eudora 6.2 (paid); didn't even know about a 7.x line until this cropped up.

Search doesn't do me any use -- I routinely archive old mails in a different location, so they are not visible to Eudora.

BossWatch? I'm a home user, and already have filters for mailing lists that do the equivalent.

IMAP? Not used.

S/MIME... Potential, though I haven't even used PGP in years.

The jump from 4.x to 6.x, however, was major... (the 5.x line didn't seem to offer anything crucial).

Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Yes... Zone alarm support told me there is no fix till next release.

MY fix..remove Zone Alarm ..switch to Mcaffe.

Can't have my computer at risk.

Seth Goodman wrote:

Reply to
wa2koq

Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com :

I've got Black Ice and Checkpoint.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.