ZoneAlarm Gives Issues. Need Other Software

I am running the latest version of ZoneAlarm but it seems to be unstable and gives weird issues on my system. Are there other very good firewalls you feel like you could suggest to me?

Reply to
pinox2000
Loading thread data ...

Go easy on him Seb, Volker, Ansgar!

Reply to
Jim Ford

Comodo Firewall.

Reply to
digiti

I do not know what type of issue you mean, but I have some problems with ZoneAlarm. It works fine on other systems, XP 2000 or etc.. but when I install it on my 2003 Server R2, after the installation is done and I restart my system, it does not let my system boot up.. I mean, the system boots up but before reaching the graphic mode it restarts again.. if I go ahead and uninstall zonealarm in safe mode and restart it lets windows boot up.. I need to use my zonealarm with this server... is there any service that I should disable or do something to solve this issue..?

Thanks,,

Reply to
Armen

Why that? I have not heard of any server which absolutely required ZoneAlarm or any other software firewall to run on it.

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

Well, I don't know either.. thats why i'm asking what could be the reason.. This thing just happens,, I have re installed the OS 4 times and ive tried to install zonealarm as the first software which gets installed on it or maybe 2nd ,,, all 4 times it does the same... my windows copy is ok... I can update it with microsoft.. and my zone alarm is ok as well...(tested on other oses) oh one more thing,, firefox.. the latest version. 2.0.0.11 ,, gets installed no problem,, and when you run it,, it is just like a ghost of the browser ,,, i mean its like its open but you can see your desktop and the only thing you can see to find out that the browser is open is either the address bar on the top, or the cose, restore and minimize buttons on top right hand side,, or of course seeing the active window on taskbar...

I'm really getting crazy,,, this is win 2003 R2.. and doesn't matter if i install updates on it and then install zone alarm or i dont install the updates and zone alarm be the first software after clear OS installation, it reboots the system..

Reply to
Armen

Then why do you install ZoneAlarm? You know it causes these problems. Isn't that enough reason for you not to use it?

Plus: why do you want to use ZoneAlarm anyway? What is the purpose of running ZoneAlarm on a server? A properly administered server won't need ZoneAlarm nor any other software firewall.

Gerald

P.S.: Is donotspam.com your domain? Is the sender address really your e-mail address? If not, please stop using fake e-mail addresses in other people's domains. Thank you.

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

formatting link

Reply to
Kayman

Gerald, Thank you for your effort to give some solutions here..I admire your sense of "i don't know what to name it" .. but: First of all, your solution is not an answer to me! Just wiping out the question does not mean that the problem is solved!! For any reason i need to use zone alarm on this server,, maybe i'm not using the server functionalities but other networking features i need to implement them ,,, some that are unavailable on XP!! maybe I just need to use this software bro.. solution should be something else,, and believe me... If i knew it I wouldn't post my question here,,, I already knew the answer of " DON'T USE ZoneAlarm" :) but still the problem exists.. if that was going to be the human's way of thinking we were still struggling calculating 24 x 56 using Abacus....

p.s: Rgdg the email address: no sir,, that is not my email... that is generated by techarena ,,, my email address is: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com... BTW,, we're here to discuss about computer questions we have ,, not to fight or telling people what ot do and what not to do "ON PEOPLE's Domain"

Reply to
Armen

I am not wiping out the question. I am wiping out the problem. ZoneAlarm is causing the problems. If you want to use broken software promising miracles it is up to you. But in that case you should ask in a ZoneAlarm forum where everybody shares your believe.

I only see:

1. ZoneAlarm causes problems on your computer.
  2. You don't need ZoneAlarm on any computer.

Conclusion: Deinstall ZoneAlarm. Problem solved.

Still you don't need ZoneAlarm for that either.

ZoneAlarm won't implement those either.

You have been presented with a solution. If you want another solution you'll have to wait if someone comes up with one or you have to ask in a forum where you are more likely to get an answer which you like more. Though in general I think "like" is not a good measure for computer security...

I thought the problems start after you install ZoneAlarm. Not installing ZoneAlarm would be an efficient solution.

Why are you struggling with artificial problems created by yourself? It is you who insists on running ZoneAlarm which does not work well with your OS. As there is no need to run ZoneAlarm or any other software firewall on any computer you create your own problems...

Incorrect. If someone spams someone else's domain because you use someone else's e-mail address as sender address it is a matter of decency to point that out. It has nothing to do with telling someone what to do or not to do. If someone insists on spamming other people's domains or someone else's e-mail address I find that pretty unacceptable by any means. That was the whole intention of my remark. As the e-mail address is board generated it does not apply to you. Thus there is no need to discuss this any further. Many other people in usenet groups unfortunately use faked e-mail addresses and don't seem to know or care...

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.