New Zone Alarm Version 6.5.722.000 Fixes Eudora Time Stamp Bug!

They've just released version 6.5.722.000.

These two issues are reported as fixed (copied from web site):

• Fixed: Removed McAfee installation gate
  • Fixed- LastWriteTime not being updated

Don't know about the former (didn't affect me) but the latter bug fix now allows my Eudora 6.0.3 to work properly. I expect other people having time stamp problems will see it fixed now, too.

Reply to
Seth Goodman
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:32:48 -0400, Seth Goodman declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:

Any idea if they also clean-up the system shutdown annoyance -- where a ZoneAlarm window would pop-up for a few seconds before the system completes log-off/shutdown?

Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Sorry, I don't know.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Is it a problem?

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Dennis Lee Bieber squirted these wordjisms deep inside the bumtube of the newstwat in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It seems to have done so.

Reply to
David Qunt

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem of Eudora being unable to properly index its mailboxes. One of my users upgraded to ZA 6.5.722 even though I told everyone who I support to stick with ZA 6.1.744 temporarily and his Eudora is constantly giving a message that the mailbox indexes are corrupted and have to be reindexed.

CD

Reply to
Cranky Dude

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:33:36 GMT, David Qunt declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:

Ah... then when I get time to wake up this week-end, I may have time to update...

Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Zone Alarm is leaving two files in my Windows\\Temp folder each session. I can't figure out how to make the program clean these up.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Abbey

Look in your Windows\\Temp folder!

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Abbey

session. I

So does mine. They'll be replaced by new ones at next boot. They're just 0KB Temp files. You can delete them yourself after shutting down ZoneAlarm. They are not a cause for concern.

charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

"Lenny Abbey" squirted these wordjisms deep inside the bumtube of the newstwat in news:2gung.11818$o4.5815 @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

deep

Yeah like the other guy says, ZA always creates two temporary files C: \\Windows\\Temp, which are replaced at each boot. You can't delete them within Windows as the files are in use. You may as well get used to them.

Reply to
David Qunt

But why should I have to do this? I don't do it for MS Word, or Adobe Photoshop.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Abbey

Why worry about it? Who cares if there are some temp files hanging around??

Reply to
Kerodo

If the temp folders don't get cleaned out now and then, trouble ensues.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Abbey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.