Zone Alarm 5 (Free Version)

NG, I have ZA 5, the free version. This version will not DL yEnc pictures. I keep getting a window that tells me that an update is available. It takes me to their web site, I click on "United States (or something). Then, nothing. No update. It goes to a page with a little square on it and nothing happens when I click on it.

Is the free version upgradable?

Am I doing something wrong?

Advice is very warmly welcomed.

Thank you.

Reply to
Tatyana
Loading thread data ...

Yes, the free version is upgradable. Try this link:

formatting link

Reply to
Iceman

Iceman wrote in news:328p75F3jmavcU1 @individual.net:

Clicked on, and went to the link above you provided.

Go to a page that's completely blank except to a small colored square in upper left corner. Click on square and nothing happens.

Same page I go to when ZA says there's an update available. Mentioned this earlier.

Is my setup wrong?

Thank you for you advice.

Reply to
Tatyana

on 15-12-04, Tatyana supposed :

Try this one:

formatting link
(please do not change the subject.)

Reply to
FredW

I don't know what browser you're using, but here are some more download sites:

formatting link

Reply to
Iceman

Tatyana, You have to allow cookies, and allow Mobile code when going for downloads, usually. If my security settings are interfering with display of the page, I usually get one of those "You are not authorized to view this page" messages. Do you have the Privacy Alert popup enabled? It will tell you what it is blocking on a given page. I have ZAP, though, and I don't know if the Free version has these options in your case. Maybe you should visit the Forum and search for messages about the yEnc problem. I remember seeing some a while ago. Hope this helps. charlie R

something).

Reply to
charlie R

available.

square

Tatiana, If your version of ZAFree doesn't have Privacy Tab, then maybe you're blocking cookies, Java script and Active X in your browser? If not, then check out this Microsoft KB article. It describes a similar problem.

formatting link
Error locating Object Handler. Good luck. charlie R PS. I'm not familiar with the Online Fraud option.

>
Reply to
charlie R

FredW wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ninmule.invalid:

I went to the above page. clicked on the 'download upgrade for 5.5. Below is the page address of where I ended up.

formatting link
Same problem. Blank page with a small collored square in upper left-hand corner. When I click on the square, nothing happens. Very frustrating!!!!!

Am I better off uninstalling the free version and buying Ver. 5 Pro? Will this allow me to download yEnc binaries?

Computer is running Windows 98se, if that makes any difference.

Reply to
Tatyana

"charlie R" wrote in news:cpqhod$rr6$1 @pscinews.psci.net:

Charlie R: Here are my setting: Overview: Check for update: Automatic General: Load ZoneAlarm on startup Contact with Zone Labs: Hide the lact octet of my IP Address.... Online Fraud: ? (I don't know what to do with this one.)

Reply to
Tatyana

Iceman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Iceman, The link above seems to be working!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm saving the dl to a location and will then double click on it to do the install.

If this works, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Hope this will cure problem with yEnc file. Be back tomorrow.

Reply to
Tatyana

Tatyana was thinking very hard :

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark (= your PC). Do you have more download problems?

I agree, ;-)

No, wat's the use of that? You don't have problems with ZoneAlarm, but your PC refuses to download.

Go to ZA Overview/Preferences and clock on "Check For Update" Otherwise you can try:

formatting link

Windows98se is (very) fine, I use it myself, ;-) You seem to be missing Java or something.

But I see, you succeeded in downloading via CNet/Download.com. Good for you!

Reply to
FredW

"charlie R" wrote in news:cpsa6c$9sk$1 @pscinews.psci.net:

Where do I find the Privacy Tab? I looked, but can't find it.

Reply to
Tatyana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.