ipcop boot floppy

I'd like to install ipcop on an old pc. It can't boot from the cd. I downloaded rawrite & rawritewin. I also have isobuster. I extrated boot-1.4.10.img but rawrite does not see it (bad file name) when I enter it. I just want to make a bootable floppy so I can install ipcop, but I'm not having any luck.. :(

Reply to
gene martinez
Loading thread data ...

Did you follow the instructions on this webpage about creating the Boot Floppy.

formatting link
Simon

Reply to
SimpleSimon

Presumably you dl/ed the 43 meg cd .iso ipcop-install-1.4.10.i386.iso

I had a hard time figuring out which of the files should be dl/ed if you didn't want the CD .iso

Here's one directory

formatting link
and here's the other
formatting link

Isobuster gives you some options about how you extract a file from an .iso. Maybe you should use a different extract option.

formatting link
IsoBuster Help Contents -- Extract Options

It sounds like you have a reasonable plan to make a floppy from the .img file -- you just have to get the right file in the right condition.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Yes, but I'm getting lost....

Reply to
gene martinez

Hi Mike,

Have you been able to install ipcop?? If I can get past the boot floopy, I'll be set (I think) :)

Reply to
gene martinez

Did you use the version of Rawrite/Rawritewin from the dosutils directory of the CD image that you have downloaded?

Simon

Reply to
SimpleSimon

Not sure, I'll have to double check...

Reply to
gene martinez

Might I suggest that you try sbootmgr instead. Check this site:

formatting link
Quote: This nifty little floppy bootdisk allows selecting various devices to boot from a menu, and even allows booting a CD-ROM in machines where the BIOS doesn't support it.

Reply to
Henry Nettles

Reply to
gene martinez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.