FYI ZoneAlarm ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.31.003 Problems on an XP Home cpr

I had seen posts about problems with ZA 6 but had not experienced any until I installed ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.31.003. My cpr acted just as W98 did when resources got low. It hung on apps, activity was slow, and in general I thought I had a hardware problem. I decided to uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.31.003 and install, again, ZoneAlarm 5.5.094 to see if it was the root of the problem. I can only conclude that it was when my problems disappeared. ZoneAlarm 5.5.094 is fine, and it returned control of my cpr to me. Regards Buddy b

Reply to
Buddy b
Loading thread data ...

I had the same problem with 6.0.31.003. For whatever reason, it installed perfectly fine, but the first time I rebooted, the main app would get stuck on startup, and a look at the task manager showed that it was constantly starting and stopping, which of course created massive system lag due to all the disk activity.

I dropped down to the previous V6 release (6.0.27,i think) and have not had a problem since.

And before anyone tells me just to use the XP firewall, I use ZA on a laptop the frequents "public" broadband connections. The more layers of security, the better.

Reply to
Ryan P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.