ZoneALarm 6 and USB

|Hi all, has any one had any problems and ZoneAlarm 6? TO be exact I downloaded the 15 day trial version and ran it. No problems very nice, BUT as soon as I plug in ANY USB device example USB pen or printer or scanner or camera then I UNPLUGG the device my PC will reboot, no matter what USB device I try to unplug.

My PC is clean install Windows 2000 pro with all MS updates, 512 meg DDR ram, Athlone 2000+ cpu at 1.67 Ghz.

If I use ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 I get no USB problems at all, it works perfectly, so why cant I run ZoneAlarm 6?

I tried running ZoneAlarm 6.0 security sweet on a clean install Win2000 and still same USB problem.

TIA.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Lee
Loading thread data ...

No problems here with the latest ZA Pro but I use Windows XPHome. Just one thought, though. The New v6 ZA seems to strongly prefer a Clean Installation rather than one which keeps and uses your previous ZA settings. Have you tried a clean install? Other than that, all I can suggest is to check into the ZA Forums at

formatting link
and see if anyone else shares your problem or has a solution.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.