D-links works with PCAnywhere 10, not Linksys

I have Windows XP Compaq Presario Tower.

I tried this with D-link 604 router and PCAnywhere 10-

formatting link

and it works.

But when I try this model WRT54G model Linksys using this link it don't work. I did everything it told me to do.

formatting link
I would like to do the same as D-link 604 router. Since that method works.

Right now I can't even use my pcanywhere 10 with the Linksys router. Could someone please help me how to make it work.

Why are the 2 routers differ so much when configuring?

Thanks.

Zhong

Reply to
zhong
Loading thread data ...

Is the Linksys blocking Ident (port 113)? I've seen a few do this and cause much weirdness. E.

Reply to
E.

How do I find out whether it blocking port 113?

Does that port affect PCAnywhere?

Zhong

Reply to
zhong

formatting link
has a more extensive port scan test. You can even manually test *all* of your ports if you want but you can only test so many ports per scan. Go to the Shields Up page.

Reply to
Connected

To test your computer for Open, Closed, Blocked (Stealth) ports I use the Security Test site offered by Sygate Personal Firewall.

It is at:

formatting link
not put www in front of scan.sygate.com

I've used this sit for years, and believe they are safe.

They will test anyone's computer and firewall for free, it does not have to be a Sygate. It's very easy to use.

Warning: Just one thing, there is a COPYCAT SITE at:

formatting link
I don't now who they are, I DON'T BELIEVE THEY ARE SYGATE. I put this warning in capitals because you should NOT let anyone scan your computer unless you know who they are.

Reply to
Hal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.