Replacement for Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge

There are two Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge's used to bridge two locations. One of them is now dead and has to be replaced. What is the best sollution for replacing the 350 Bridge? I was thinking about Aironet 1310. Is this the best solution? Can the customer use the same antenna that he used for the 350? Thanx in addvance!

Reply to
Morph
Loading thread data ...

as far as antenennas are concerened it looks like the unit can be order with either an internal anntenna or with connectors for external antennas.

see the data sheet @

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

| On Sep 27, 5:00 am, Morph wrote: | > There are two Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge's used to bridge two | > locations. One of them is now dead and has to be replaced. What is the | > best sollution for replacing the 350 Bridge? | > I was thinking about Aironet 1310. Is this the best solution? Can the | > customer use the same antenna that he used for the 350? | > Thanx in addvance! | | as far as antenennas are concerened it looks like the unit can be | order with either an internal anntenna or with connectors for external | antennas. | | see the data sheet @ | |

formatting link
Thank you for the suggestions. So do you agree that this is the best sollution for replacement of a Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge?

Regarding the antennas my question is wether the antennas used with Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge are compatible with Aironet 1310? From what I can see in the specifications both 350 and 1310 have RP-TNC connectors. And will a cisco 350 be able to work together with a new 1310?

Regards.

Reply to
Morph

well I guess there is the 1310 and the 1410; I am not sure of the differences between the two.

Persoanlly I would get a set of which either one you select.

IIRC the 350 is a b radio and the 1310 and 1410 is a g radio.

Reply to
Merv

| On Sep 27, 5:28 am, Merv wrote: | > On Sep 27, 5:00 am, Morph wrote: | >

| > > There are two Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge's used to bridge two | > > locations. One of them is now dead and has to be replaced. What is the | > > best sollution for replacing the 350 Bridge? | > > I was thinking about Aironet 1310. Is this the best solution? Can the | > > customer use the same antenna that he used for the 350? | > > Thanx in addvance! | >

| > as far as antenennas are concerened it looks like the unit can be | > order with either an internal anntenna or with connectors for external | > antennas. | >

| > see the data sheet @ | >

| >

formatting link
| | well I guess there is the 1310 and the 1410; I am not sure of the | differences between the two. | | Persoanlly I would get a set of which either one you select. | | IIRC the 350 is a b radio and the 1310 and 1410 is a g radio.

The website you recomended has this: "The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series supports the 802.11g standard-providing

54-Mbps data rates with a proven, secure technology while maintaining full backward compatibility with legacy 802.11b devices" so I guess it should work with the 350 in 802.11b mode.
Reply to
Morph

These units are not that expensive so I would gets 2 as the client could benefit from the faster speed of a g radio.

The client could test 1310/1410 with the 350 and if it works then use

350 as a backup unit.
Reply to
Merv

| > | Persoanlly I would get a set of which either one you select. | > | | > | IIRC the 350 is a b radio and the 1310 and 1410 is a g radio. | >

| > The website you recomended has this: | > "The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series supports the 802.11g standard-providing | > 54-Mbps data rates with a proven, secure technology while maintaining | > full backward compatibility with legacy 802.11b devices" so I guess it | > should work with the 350 in 802.11b mode. | | These units are not that expensive so I would gets 2 as the client | could benefit from the faster speed of a g radio. | | The client could test 1310/1410 with the 350 and if it works then use | 350 as a backup unit.

Ok. Thank you!

Reply to
Morph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.