Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

IP Route Tables - Point to Point Connection - Only Routing 1 way
Hi there, I have a point to point connection but have come accross an issue. Site 1 - This is the main office and this has the following setup router internal 10.1.15.230 ( Wan Link 10.2.254.1 ) Site...

Secondary PIX
Hello folks, I am new to PIX technology...we have stateful failover configured(515E)...recently the secondary PIX brokedown..and cisco has shippedpout a replacement unit...I would like to know as the...

can someone tell me why ospf is being preferred over eigrp in this case?
routerA router eigrp 1 redistribute bgp 6534 metric 1536 100 255 1 1500 router ospf 1 redistribute bgp 6534 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- RouterA#sh ip...

QoS by time?
Is it possible to put together a service-policy which allows SNMP access only every 5 minutes or so? I want to limit SNMP access to a router such that it will respond normally to SNMP requests as long...

6900 CAT/OS
On a 6900 CAT/OS how do I find the mod/port that a server or workstation is plugged into. Thanks.

VTP Domain
Is it a good idea to configure vtp pruning in a vtp domain configuration. Thanks.

Q: Configuring web server on Cisco 871W router
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. This concerns a [working] Cisco 871W router. My goal is to make a web server accessible from internet, and configure an external Dynamic...

snmpv3 mac table
Hi i am trying to get the MAC table using snmpv3 from a CISCO switch the oid is 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1 but it only shows the default VLAN. in snmpv2 we use the community@VLAN to get the table of...

B2B VPN
I have a vendor (vendor1) who has a vpn tunnel back to my company to provide support for some applications that we have with them. My current setup is a 2651XM at the edge and then a hub and then a...

PIX VPN DNS Queries Failing
I found the problem. There is no PTR record for the DNS. DNS queries work just fine, but not the NSLOOKUP command as it requires a PTR. Sorry for the false alarm. Cheers, Tom

url filtering 2811
I just purchased and installed a new 2811 with 12.4. The firewall is shown as not part of the package. Called the vendor I bought it from an they recommended the 5510 as a seperate firewall. I'd...

Possible IP conflict, bad math, or over thinking. Need clarification.
Hello all, I'm looking over some subnet math and my brain is telling me there is a problem, but the force is telling me otherwise. My main question is: Can you have these two networks living together...

PPPoFR and Router IP's
I have a circuit that's PPPoFR that has a block of routed IP's. For the PPP session IP the ISP uses an internal private IP then routes the block to it. Now I have the first usable configured on a FE...

MRTG Graph for Utilization on Cisco 6509 Returns no Data
I tried posting in the MRTG mailing list, but I didn't get a response. Are there any MRTG users out there who could help me with graphing the utilization on a Multilinked Interface on a Ciosco 6509....

6509 High Cpu Utilization
Hi. We are having a problem with a 6509 and high cpu utilization. The 6509 is running CAT OS, and running cat6000-sup2k8.8-2-2. The issue is that the Switch will stop all telnet traffic to it as well...