WIC-1T doesnt work on 2621 and 2811

Hi I bought one WIC-1T and once installed it detects but it wont work, the light is a constant orange amber, Ive tested with ISP all sorts, encapsulations etc, but it wouldnt work, I tested on a 2811 and in a 2621 and detects but the light keeps amber, I tested everything, encapsulation etc (my end is a DTE), then I tested the cable into a built in 2500 serial card and it worked, so the conclusion was the WIC-1T was faulty. I debuged and it sends keepalives but it wont receive any and is always reseting.

I asked for a replacement but this one doesnt even detect, the message is: "NM slot 0, wic card has an unknown id CE", Ive tried in both routers.

2811 with 2FA cisco ios adventerprisek9 12.4-6.T 2621 with 2FA cisco ios 12.2(9)

Thanks

Reply to
camocas
Loading thread data ...

Don't waste more time with it...ask for a replacement.

Reply to
le_brito

thanks for your reply, sure I did that :) its weird, the first one detected but would connect (its a leased line), this one doesnt even detect, and wIC-1t its more than compatible with both routers.

le_brito wrote:

Reply to
camocas

Sounds like you had two bad ones in a row.

There shouldn't be any problem supporting a WIC-1T in either router, that card has been supported from the start in the 2600 line, and hasn't changed any.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

UNBELIAVABLE, I received my third WIC-1T and it still doesnt work in both routers! sh diag: unknown wan daughter card unknown eeprom version 210 EEPROM format version 210

I always try the card first on the 2600, can it damage the card? but the first one detected quite simple but it wouldnt work in both routers. and I unlucky or are my routers f***ed? everything works fine.

Thanks

camocas wrote:

Reply to
camocas

Cisco docs indicate that 2600 needs 12.2(13)T or 12.2(11)YT to support

see

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

formatting link

Reply to
camocas

Well, I had to get a Version 2 card for my 2611. I could not use the old WIC-1T from my 2511.

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

How'd you get a WIC into a 2511?

Are you confusing 2611 with 2811 and 2511 with 2611? Are you confusing WIC-1T with WIC-1DSU-T1? There is no version 2 of WIC-1T.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Oops, yep I was. Sorry.

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.