WIC-1DSU-T1

We are ordering a bonded 3Mb T1, can the WIC-1DSU-T1 handle 3Mb? Will I have to do any configuration?

Reply to
SheddTec
Loading thread data ...

Just thinking outloud, but a T1 is a 1.54MBS pipe, if you are getting a bonded 3MB link then you will need 2 WIC's.

Reply to
Smokey

I wasn't sure, I have never dealt with a bonded T1 before and they are saying they will be doing the bonding with their routers, which sounds like the config on my end wont change. I'm not sure if the wic will support that or if I need a different card or an additional card.

Reply to
SheddTec

In a config I just setup, we had 2 T-1's and they terminated into the 2 WIC's in the router, in my config, depending on what type of circuit you are getting, I used a multilink configuration to accomplish this below is a snippet of my config: (This is a 2610 router)

! ! interface Multilink1 ip address WAN_IP 255.255.255.252 no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink fragment disable ppp multilink group 1 ! interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address LAN_IP 255.255.255.240 duplex auto speed auto no cdp enable no mop enabled ! interface Serial0/0 description T1 to USLEC S0/0 no ip address encapsulation ppp no ip mroute-cache no fair-queue no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink group 1 ! interface Serial0/1 description T1 to USLEC S0/1 no ip address encapsulation ppp no ip mroute-cache no fair-queue no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink group 1

Reply to
Smokey

IMHO, you should ask "they" what are proposing for your handoff and plan appropriately.

A single WIC-1DSU-T1 handles 1.544Mbps. There's no way to pump data into it any faster, as it only talks T1. Now, if you had a WIC-1T instead, you should be able to go up to 8Mbps over its DB60 port if they hand you off a synch serial connection of whatever their bonding device is.

Or, if you had two WIC-1DSU-T1, you could do either MLPPP or per-packet CEF load balancing out both WIC-1DSU-T1s. This is the most common option for multi-T1 solutions.

But, I'd ask "they" for what they are handing off to you, not try to guess.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

The bonded T1s I've seen so far are delivered by the carrier as T1s if they aren't doing the bonding and Ethernet if they are. Basically they provide a router with multiple T1s and then pass it on to me as Ethernet.

Reply to
RC

Good point Doug....

Reply to
Smokey

Thanks for all the advice guys. I have been reluctant to call the company providing the service, just because I hate waiting on hold. But yea, it looks like some coordination is in order. I will try to remember to post what the outcome is.

Reply to
SheddTec

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.