Cisco VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 vs. WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in Mitel environment?

Howdy,

I'm working on a project for a client, to connect Main Office to Branch Office via T1 line(s). Currently they have old Cisco routers on a T1 carrying data traffic, and another T1 carrying voice traffic for between Mitel 3300 units at both Main Office and Branch Office. The project is to update routers, and increase bandwidth.

The Mitel units are running a proprietary protocol currently to communicate, and come with an (expensive) option to upgrade this protocol license to IP. The idea would to tag the voice traffic (for only six Branch Office phones) for QoS, leaving the remaining capacity for data.

To accomplish this, we would propose WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards on the interfaces between Main Office and Branch Office, and the native capabilities of the Cisco 2800 series routers. However, Cisco pre-sale support got me thinking when they suggested a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 could be useful in this situation. What sort of capabilities would this VWIC card give me in this situation? Could we somehow avoid the expensive Mitel IP upgrades, and run both proprietary Mitel communication and data traffic over the same T1? Thanks

Brian Newell

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

I haven't used them, but how about Circuit Emulation over IP cards NM-CEM-4TE1

formatting link
?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.