Cisco WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 not recognized

I have a Cisco 2620XM router, and just installed the Cisco WIC-1DSU-T1-V2, but the router doesn't recognize it, saying it has an unknown ID of 0x52. I'm running IOS version 12.2(8)T5 on my router. The documentation for the WIC says it is compatible with the XM series using IOS version 12.2(8)T1, so I would assume that the T5 version is later and would work too.

If the T5 version is not compatible, where might I download the T1 version so I can get this module up and running????

Thanks Randy

Reply to
randy
Loading thread data ...

Randy,

Could be a "counterfeit problem."

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Brad, I don' t understand what you mean.

Reply to
randy

Randy,

These WICs are often counterfeit.

You may wish to "swap" your WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 with a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 obtained from a different supplier:

formatting link
However, you may wish to learn more about these "counterfeit WICs" from Cisco Counterfeit Expert, Jim Turco at:

Jim Turco Optimum Data, Inc.

5066 S 111th St Omaha, NE 68137 (402) 575-2040 Direct Phone AOL IM: JIMatODI
formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

You'd think so if that was the case, but it sure is behaving like that IOS version doesn't support it.

FWIW: the table I have shows 12.2(17) mainline and later 12.3(1) mainline and later 12.3(2)T and later (17xx only branch)

I can't find a brach compatibility for 12.2(x)T for this card now. I'd think though that 12.2(8)T was out long before this card was available, unless they started developing drivers for it long before it was shipping, my off-the-cuff guess would be that 12.2(8)T is not a compatible release with it anyway, and you'll be looking for a more up-to-date version of IOS.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks Doug.

Where would be the best place for me to find the updated version of the IOS. Do I need to buy directly from cisco? I would prefer to purchase online so I can download and get this thing running.

Reply to
randy

The easiest way is to put the router on maintenance at some level. There's a bunch of online vendors that can do that. Once you have a contract, make yourself a cisco.com account that has access to software, and download whatever version you want to get from cisco.com.

You can buy various versions in a package from the likes of CDW and whatnot, but its harder to figure out what they are selling and what version exactly you'll get with that method.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.