Connecting (2) WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC T1

If I add a WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC T1 to a 2650 router and another to a 3620 router can I pin a cable to make a dte/dce connection to simulate a wan?

Reply to
swpa
Loading thread data ...

Yes. Google on 'Cross-over T1 cable'. There'll be a ton of hits.

You are beyond having a DTE or DCE once you have it encoded up to T1, but having a point-to-point T1 that is 6" long works exactly just the same as having a real telco circuit.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thank you, do you know if these are the right WIC's to do this with?

Reply to
swpa

Yes, they'll work fine in both those routers. Only problem with that one is that the counterfitters made so many bad copies.. :)

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Okay, thanks, sorry to ask again, Ebay is not real forgiving when buying the right thing.

Reply to
swpa

I just bought two to simulate my wan connection to do QoS with it. Hope I got the real stuff.

Reply to
swpa

If you bought them on E-Bay, chances are about 95% that they are counterfeit.

You will need to make or acquire a cross-over T1 cable. This is NOT the same as a crossover Ethernet cable. You will need to learn all about T1 clocking. On one side you will need to configure it to provide clock, and the other side to recover clock.

Reply to
Thrill5

I actually did this before with a old pair of 2600 with t1 cards but being Cisco makes so many different modules I don't remember what they were, every hand off I have now is ethernet and is a lost art to me. I cant remember what I used, know there is a wic you cant do this with, and I think the pins I use in the cable were

1 - 3 2 - 6 3 - 1 6 - 2

Some old Bell telecomm tech gave me the pin outs and was for an interal lab we built to replicate our lan/wan topology for the great NT 4.0 to W2K3 AD migration.

Reply to
swpa

Again thanks everyone, I got the pinouts wrong it is actually

The wiring is:

1 - 4 2 - 5 4 - 1 5 - 2
Reply to
swpa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.