Which IOS release supports MFR on a Cisco 2621?

Hi John,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco IOS Software Selector:

formatting link
The Cisco IOS Software Selector finds the right Cisco IOS software and the amount of memory you need to run the Cisco IOS features you want to run on your Cisco platform.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese Free Cisco Security Upgrades:

formatting link
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts
formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S./Canada Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com
Loading thread data ...

I can't track down which IOS release (if any) supports MFR on a Cisco

2621 (note: not XM). The Cisco docs claim that it's supported as of 12.2(8)T, but when I installed 12.2(15)T16 on a 262x, the MFR commands (specifically "show frame-relay multilink") didn't show up. Ditto for 12.3(15a). This was using the IP feature set in both cases.

The 12.3 doc below does say that MFR is supported on 2600 routers (see section 10.3)...:

formatting link
....but I can't find any 12.3 release that supports them.

Also, how would I figure this out? The Cisco Feature Navigator didn't help, because MFR itself isn't listed as a feature that can be searched (MFR Variable Bandwidth, MFR over L2TPv3/AToM, and MFR Stateful Switchover, yes; just plain old MFR, no).

- John

Reply to
John Caruso

You're welcome John.

The online Cisco Router and IOS Architecture TAC Case Collection / Knowledge Base could be helpful too:

http://129.41.16.73/core/home Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Targeted spam. Wonderful.

For anyone who cares, this gives the same set of MFR-related options as the Cisco Feature Navigator.

Also, it appears that the correct answer is "IP Plus". But I'm not in a position yet to see, since I'm waiting on a memory upgrade for the router in question.

- John

Reply to
John Caruso

I wasn't thanking you, spammer.

- John

Reply to
John Caruso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.