set up router for ip change

Hello, I have severla tunnels from remote locations. One of this router will have to change ip addres. I lear that i can add a secondary ip and i know how to update or add a new tunnel on my local pix but how do i enable the new default gateway do i just ad ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Mygatewayhere ? will this cause any problems? Thanks

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the online Cisco Router TAC Case / Knowledge Base:

http://129.41.16.73/core/home Hope this helps,

Brad Reese Free Cisco Security Upgrades:

formatting link
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts
formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S./Canada Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

One of the useful techniques when making changes to remote routers that may cause loss of connectivity is to use the "reload in xxx" command where xxx is the number of minutes before the router reloads itself.

so the general approach is

1. reload in 5

1. make config change

2. if loss of connectivity occurs, wait until reouter reloads itself.

1. if loss of connectivity does not occur, test changes, then do wri mem

Reply to
Merv

not a bad idea but i think i will do the tftp approace. I though i could have the two ips on one interface and just set the default route to the interface rather than an ip. but my test havent worked that well adding a second ip in a diferent subnet so i will tftp the config modify the ip and send it when the time is right.

Reply to
jcharth

Good idea ! :)

But when the router reload, it do not keep the last command ? (i don't remember :)

Reply to
Fwed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.