Using IPv6 on a Cisco 877W

Hello,

I'm trying to configure IPv6 on a Cisco 877W. According to all documents I can find via Google both the hardware and the IOS (12.4(4)T4 in this case) should support IPv6. But the machine doesn't know the "ipv6" command nevertheless.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler
Loading thread data ...

in conf mode he doesn't know "ipv6 unicast-routing"? you have to enter this first before you can give ipv6 addresses to interfaces

arne

Reply to
arne

No, I already tried that. It doesn't accept the command:

jumpgate(config)#ipv6 unicast-routing ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler

Hi Matthias,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco 877W Config Wizard:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I found out my my 877W doesn't support IPv6 in the meantime: Despite the fact that the dealer who sold the Cisco to me lists "IPv6 support" as one of the features it is included in IOS image. The Cisco 877W-G-E-K9 only provides "Advanced Security Options" but not "Advanced IP Services" by default.

"Advanced IP Services" can be purchased seperately and requires a larger flash memory.

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler

I think that you will find that the image itself will fit in the flash. Perhaps if you need to keep the SDM (web interface) files then there may be a problem. If you don't want the SDM files you can just delete them.

If the image fits in the flash it will work.

Reply to
Bod43

System image file is "flash:c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-4.T1.bin"

ipv6 unicast-routing ipv6 cef ipv6 dhcp pool ipv6-dhcp etc

It works fro me with this IOS version.....

Hans

Reply to
Hans

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.