Upgrading flash in a Cisco 877W

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade a Cisco 877W from 20 to 36MB of flash. I've made a backup of all the files in the flash, replaced the module and bootet the unit. Unsurprisingly it couldn't boot ISO from flash any more and I used "rommon" to boot via TFTP instead.

The Cisco seems to recognize the new flash module fine:

#show flash 36864K bytes of processor board System flash (Intel Strataflash)

Directory of flash:/

%Error opening flash:/ (Invalid argument)

No space information available

But I cannot format it:

jumpgate#format flash: Format operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm] Format operation will destroy all data in "flash:". Continue? [confirm] ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... flashfs[4]: Checking block 151...bad checksum (58096 != 42239) flashfs[4]: erasing block 151... flashfs[4]: writing to flash handle 0x82CA55FC, device 2, offset 0xFE0000, length: 0x20: Read Verify Failed %Error formatting flash (I/O error)

Am I doing anything wrong or is that a hardware problem?

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.