The legendary "bridge <n> route ipv6" command

Hello,

does anybody which IOS version supports IPv6 bridging via the "bridge route ipv6" command mentioned on this web page?

formatting link
The IOS 12.4(9)T1 on my Cisco 877W unfortunately doesn't.

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler
Loading thread data ...

No, I don't. It came with Advanced Security and I upgraded to Advanced IP Service to get (any kind of) IPv6 support:

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(9)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Is there an overview of which features (or even commands) are supported by the various IOS versions?

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler

You probably have c870-ipbase on your router. Try a higher feature set such as c870-advipservices or c870-adventerprise.

formatting link

Reply to
Drake

RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Than would be feature navigator

formatting link

It is a bit clunky AND sometimes error-prone!! But altogether is not too bad.

I am not sure if the release notes still list the "Features" included in a "Feature Set".

Relating specific commands to Features is another matter. It is usually reasonably obvious if you understand the technology so you should be able to work it out in this case.

If you have support, call TAC.

Good luck.

Reply to
Bod43

Matthias,

You may also wish to investigate the Cisco Software Advisor:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

That's useful.

The problem in my case is that I can't find the right keyword for IPv6 bridging. Either the tool doesn't know that feature (maybe because it is only available in beta versions?) or I don't know what name Cisco is using.

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.