Tasman 4100: cannot ping, redundancy backup problem?

Hello,

I have a Tasman 4100 and am trying to upgrade the firmware. I am not a techie so please bear with me.

The problem, in general, seems to be that the unit is booting up with this:

***4100 has been set as BACKUP unit for redundancy***

Go standby enable_keepalive

and it took. Was then able to ping and continued as above. However, repeating this now I get a continuous stream of ping attempts to

192.168.211.1 (ethernet 2 setting), which are not answered. I cannot stop this stream and must reboot.

I formatted the flash and it is empty. However, I cannot connect to tftp as I cannot ping in either direction. The router is

192.168.0.10:255.255.255.0 and tftp is 192.168.0.2. For the ethernet port, I tried auto and 100 full_duplex. It did connect after configuring for network boot, of course.

I think the main issue is to get the unit out of backup and into primary. In conf term>redundancy typing primary gives a message that the "system is already set as backup unit". This must be the default (ROM) state as there is no config file in flash. I also tried deleting the system.cfg file by "clear cfg_file" and rebooting but still can't get it to ping.

In one try, I logged in, set the ethernet and got it to ping. Then the config file "kicked in", almost a minute later, displayed the backup message above and then I was unable to ping!

I can always boot from tftp and the new image takes. No problem. It's that damn cfg file that's killing me.

I have been advised that perhaps a hardware jumper reset to default may be in order. I see two jumpers under the fan tray but do not know the procedure.

-Art

Reply to
amjas
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.