Backup PIX image

Hi,

I am trying to backup the image on my PIX 525. It is currently running version 6.3.

For some reason it will not accept the "copy flash tftp" command. I get the following output:

PIX # copy flash tftp Usage: copy capture: tftp:/// [pcap] copy http[s]://[:@][:]/

flash[:[image | pdm]] copy tftp[:[[//location][/pathname]]] flash[:[image | pdm]]

I am also unable to see the actual name of the image in flash:

PIX# show flash flash file system: version:3 magic:0x12345679 file 0: origin: 0 length:1941560 file 1: origin: 1966080 length:2080 file 2: origin: 0 length:0 file 3: origin: 2097152 length:3126944 file 4: origin: 0 length:0 file 5: origin:16646144 length:308

Any ideas would be very welcome,

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
thefunnel
Loading thread data ...

write net

formatting link

Reply to
Jyri Korhonen

I have just tried this but unfortunately it only lets me copy the config - not the image. I would like to take a backup of the current OS (PIX 6.3) and PDM before I update to version 7.

Any more ideas? Many thanks,

Reply to
thefunnel

Unfortunately you can't. On Cisco PIX (at least on 6.x you can backup the config only.

WBR, Victor

Hello, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com,

t> >>

t> I have just tried this but unfortunately it only lets me copy the t> config - not the image. I would like to take a backup of the current t> OS (PIX 6.3) and PDM before I update to version 7. t> t> Any more ideas? Many thanks, t> WBR, FROLOV Victor

Reply to
Victor Frolov

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.