1750 TFTP boot

Hello, I am trying to get a 1750 to boot from tftp but it gives an error stating it can not access the file. I ping the server and watch the tftp server attempt to send the file but the router still gives the error. I have the command line in the config to boot from tftp. Any ideas?

Thanks Rick

Reply to
r_huey
Loading thread data ...

Do you sniff the UDP packet with the first 512 bytes of the file going towards the 1750? If not, then perhaps the file exists but does not have read permission for the tftp process??

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks Walter, I checked the file permissions from the server and sure enough they were set inproperly. Don't ask me why I did not think of that...... Thanks again !

Reply to
r_huey

Ok, server file permissions are now set right but the router is still failing to load from tftp. Any other suggestions. TFTP server is getting the request to send and tries to send the file but the router reports that it can not load the file from tftp. Any help please

Reply to
r_huey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.