Simple static netblock routing issue

Hi

I have a very simple problem with my Cisco 828 G.SHDSL -router. I have tried to configure it to route my public ip network xxx.xxx.xxx.248/29 to the LAN side without NAT or anything like that. Previous ZyXeL router worked fine with this, but it had other serious problems and crashes that this new Cisco router have completely solved. I have managed to get the basic routing to work, but the problem is that I have several network addresses assigned to one server and the router seems to occasionally drop the routing for there vhost-addresses causing network blackout for about 10-20 minutes while the main primary address assigned for the server still works fine.

The router is also running on a live network where service interruption should be minimised, so testing and trying to find the correct configuration is quite hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the current configuration of the router (the xxx.xxx.xxx. is the public ip netblock address):

Current configuration : 1305 bytes ! version 12.2 no service single-slot-reload-enable no service pad service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname gw ! logging rate-limit console 10 except errors enable secret 5 xxx enable password xxx ! ip subnet-zero ip name-server xxx.xxx.xxx.250 ! no ip dhcp-client network-discovery lcp max-session-starts 0 bridge irb ! ! ! interface Loopback0 no ip address ! interface Ethernet0 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.254 255.255.255.248 ip broadcast-address xxx.xxx.xxx.255 hold-queue 32 in ! interface ATM0 no ip address no ip route-cache no atm ilmi-keepalive bundle-enable dsl equipment-type CPE dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B dsl linerate AUTO ! interface ATM0.1 point-to-point ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.254 255.255.255.248 ip broadcast-address xxx.xxx.xxx.255 no ip route-cache pvc 0/100 encapsulation aal5snap ! bridge-group 1 ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ATM0.1 permanent ip route xxx.xxx.xxx.248 255.255.255.248 Ethernet0 permanent no ip http server ! logging xxx.xxx.xxx.250 snmp-server community public RO bridge 1 protocol ieee bridge 1 route ip ! line con 0 transport input none stopbits 1 line vty 0 4 password xxx login ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 end

Regards,

Reply to
Miika Pekkarinen
Loading thread data ...

I don't like that :-) You'd better route the subnet to a specific ip-address. Or if this /29 is the same as on interface Ethernet0 you won't even need it.

Hans

Reply to
Hans

Thanks, I think I got it solved. The problem was probably with ip routing cache that was sometimes updated with incorrect data which caused routes to fail. I solved it by manually adding static permanent routes to each IP address and after that disabled route caching also from the ethernet interface (if I disabled that before the latest change, huge packet loss started to appear). Anyway, now everything seems to work fine :)

Reply to
Miika Pekkarinen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.