SDM Express hangs on install to Cisco 857 Router

I have bought a Cisco 857 Router & can connect to it using the default ip address 10.10.10.1

I launch the SDM express software & fill in all relevent details as instructed in the manual, then as I get to the screen where the data is uploaded to the router, the hourglass cursor appears & just hangs there. The "Finish" button is never displayed & the hourglass just stays there indefinitely. Is it possible that there's something wrong with the router? I have downloaded the latest SDM software from Cisco & installed it on the Router & PC.

I have also tried configuring the router without changing the default IP address & it make no difference

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

Reply to
speedymct
Loading thread data ...

I have found that cisco GUI software to be somewhat picky as regards Browser settings.

I now don't try to use it at all. I have spent too long looking at houglass icons and don't bother with it.

I think that CCO has a document that lists all of the special browser settings required.

You could try removing all security, enabling all scripting.

Or alternatively become a browser securty expert and figure out the minimum that you need.

Start with making the router a trusted site.

Reply to
Bod43

I've had problems with SDM but not with SDM Express. SDM only works with older versions of the Java Runtime Environment.

You might check what version of Java you are using.

If you open the Java Console, you might see if SDM Express is producing java error messages. This would at least indicate that the problem is with SDM Express and not in the router.

Reply to
Ian Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.