Running SDM on Windows Server 2003 R2?

Hi, I cannot get the Cisco SDM v2.5 to run on systems running Window Server 2003 R2. I have no problem getting SDM to run on systems running Windows XP or Vista. I have tried to install and run SDM on three different W2003R2 systems. Two were freshly installed and patched lab computers and one was a two year old utility server I have in my office.

I feel like I am missing some basic configuration difference between server and workstation versions of Windows. I have searched the web, news groups, and Cisco=92s site, but have not found any reference to this problem.

What happens is this=85 (1) The SDM Launcher applet is displayed. I enter the IP address of a router. (2) Internet Explorer pops up with a prompt about displaying blocked content. I respond by approving the running of the blocked content. (3) A login Dialog is displayed. I enter a valid user id and password. (4) Then, instead of the SDM Windows being display, and IE windows is displayed with the following text.

function getcookie(cookiename) { var cookiestring=3D""+document.cookie; var index1=3Dcookiestring.indexOf(cookiename) if (index1=3D=3D-1 || cookiename=3D=3D"") { return ""; } var index2=3Dcookiestring.indexOf(';',index1); if (index2=3D=3D-1) index2=3Dcookiestring.length; var c =3D unescape(cookiestring.substring(index1+cookiename.length

+1,index2)); return c; } // getcookie() =2E . =2E . =2E .

Java is installed and enabled on the servers. Anybody have any odea what this problem could be?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John Heitmuller
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried Firefox? No problems with SDM and ASDM + Firefox on 2003R2 here.

Reply to
alexd

Thanks, that was a huge help. SDM fired right up with firefox. Now I'm really curious. Obviously, this is a deault setting issue with IE and Server 2003 R2. I'll see if I can figure out what the setting conflict is and post it back here.

Thanks again, John

Reply to
John Heitmuller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.